CIPD Wales opens nominations for inaugural Wales People Management Awards
The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development in Wales (CIPD Wales) has opened nominations for its inaugural Wales People Management Awards, to be held on 26 October at the National Museum Cardiff. This is exciting news for Wales, and HR News readers can nominate their colleagues in Wales here.
The Welsh PMAs will recognise and celebrate best practice and innovation across not just human resources but all aspects of people management including learning and development.
With ten categories from which to choose, the awards recognise initiatives and team effort, plus two prizes designed to reward individual excellence: Emerging Practitioner of the Year and the Special Award for outstanding leadership in a people management role.
- Best Apprenticeship Scheme (sponsored by Welsh Government)
- Best Change Management Initiative
- Outstanding Creativity and Innovation in People Management
- Best Diversity and Inclusion Initiative (sponsored by University of South Wales)
- Best Employee Engagement Initiative (sponsored by Sitka Recruitment)
- Best Health and Wellbeing Initiative (sponsored by RW Learning)
- Best HR / L&D Consultancy (sponsored by HR Human Resourcing)
- Best In-House Team (sponsored by HR Spectrum)
- Emerging Practitioner of the Year (sponsored by LHH Penna)
- Special Award for Outstanding Leadership in a People Management Role (sponsored by Hugh James solicitors)
Judging the awards will be undertaken by leading industry figures drawn from business, public bodies and membership organisations to bring the broadest possible knowledge and expertise to the selection process.
Commenting on the launch of the awards, Lesley Richards, head of CIPD Wales, said:
“Having launched our national conference last year as a resounding success, the next step in our three-year plan is to bring CIPD’s prestigious People Management awards to Wales to celebrate excellence across the spectrum of people management disciplines, not just HR.
“This is a chance for people management professionals to showcase their best work, and to gain recognition and acclaim from our influential panel of judges in front of the profession, peers and clients.
“As the world of work continues to evolve, so must our practices. Just as last year’s CIPD Wales conference provided a platform to explore and test new thinking, methodology and the science of people management, so these awards seek to celebrate those new and innovative practices in action.
“I am delighted to launch these awards, and I am grateful to our judges who will be bringing experience, impartiality and rigour to our judging process.”