- This event has passed.
Mental Health First Aid Wales
July 13 @ 9:00 am - July 14 @ 4:30 pm£99
In the course of the two-day workshop, MHFA participants learn:
• How to recognise when a person might need help and the best way to approach them.
• How to save a life by learning basic suicide intervention skills.
• What protects your own and other people’s mental health.
• New skills that are useful in every part of your life –
Mental Health problems are not as
frightening as most people think. When a person has a mental health problem what they need most is someone who can:
• Listen calmly to their feelings and fears
• Give some simple and helpful information
• Signpost to where to get appropriate help
The aims of MHFA (Wales) are:
To preserve life.
To provide help to prevent a mental health problem or crisis developing into a more serious state.
To promote the recovery of good mental health.
To provide comfort to a person experiencing distress.
To promote understanding of mental health issues.