- This event has passed.
Presenting with Impact – CMI Cymru at the Insole Court, Llandaff
July 10, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 amFREE
CMI Cymru are pleased to be working with Insole Court to provide a series of events for Leaders and Managers in Wales.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) is key to maintaining your knowledge and raising the professional standards of Leadership across Wales.
The session starts at 0900 with an opportunity to network with leaders from other businesses. Refreshments will be available.
You don’t need to be a CMI member either! We are pleased to invite colleagues from, Chwarae Teg, ICE and ACCA and other professional bodies and associations, as well as business owners and leaders from across Wales.
Our events are FREE to everyone, but we reserve the right to levy a charge of £10.00 if you book a place and do not attend without giving us advanced notice.
The speaker will start the presentation at 0930 and we aim to finish by 1100.
Presenting with Impact
Many people’s number one fear is Public Speaking (death being number two) – how would you like to learn some tips and tools from the NLP toolkit to help you lift your presentations to a new level? Maybe you’d like to learn some tools to make public speaking easier? Perhaps you’d like some tips to better handle nerves? Maybe you’d like to learn a format that will enable you to structure your talk so that it appeals to everyone? Maybe you’d like to learn why pacing up and down your stage will confuse your audience (and what to do instead)?
This 90 min practical session will focus on learning skills from the NLP toolkit which we can use immediately to transform the way we present so we can impart our message more effectively. You’ll learn what NLP is (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and how it can help you better manage your emotions in the context of presenting, better engage your audiences and provides tools to help you more effectively present through a better understand of how our minds actually work.
During this session you’ll learn:
• How to format a presentation or talk so it appeals to everyone (using the 4-Mat system) and how this system reduces the need for you to bury your head in your notes!
• Learn why most people sabotage their presentations and learn how to avoid common pitfalls (and what to do instead)
• Develop tips to help get your mindset in the right place before you even start talking
• Learn how to stand when speaking to an audience (and understand why pacing up and down your stage confuses your audience and is a big no-no!)
• You’ll gain an appreciation of the internationally accepted non-verbal gestures (Satir Categories) which will enhance your presentation (and not detract from them – like flappy hands do!)
• You’ll be introduced to spatial anchoring – did you know that emotions can be anchored to a location on stage? – know when to do this, how we can do this through story telling and why I always avoid using lecterns when talking on stage
It’ll be fun, interactive, and full of practical takeaways that you can put into practice in your business straight away. You don’t need any prior knowledge of NLP, presenting or communication skills, simply come with an attitude of curiosity and a willingness to learn!
Bio – Laura Evans
After 15 years in HR and Training roles in corporate life Laura decided to follow her passion of how the mind works, empowering people & helping them unleash their potential. She started studying NLP in 2008 is a Master NLP Coach and International Trainer of NLP – running NLP & NLP Coaching courses across the UK. A chartered member of the CIPD, Laura’s also a qualified ILM level 7 Executive Coach and has a number of Business Coaching & Corporate Training Clients across public and private sectors.
When it comes to NLP & presenting, Laura used to fear presenting in front of groups – she was very familiar with the cold sweats, knocking knees, feeling sick and frequent trips to the ladies! Laura used a number of personal change techniques such as the NLP Swish pattern technique on the NLP Practitioner course to remove her fear of presenting. With all the other NLP tools as her disposal she was amazed at how quickly and easily she could change things that had held her back for years, and saw astonishing results! She brings a sense of fun, energy and passion to her workshops – “she is one of the [NLP] industry’s rising stars!” and gets rave reviews from delegates her talks.
Mobile: 07885 5000 80