Asana, a leading work management platform for teams, will release the findings of a global survey of over 6,000 office workers, which reveals how remote and distributed work has impacted companies’ ability to effectively set, communicate and achieve company-wide goals over the past few months:
UK highlights from the survey findings include (1,158 respondents):
- Only 18% of employees in the UK say their company is effective at setting and communicating company-wide goals
- 44% of UK employees say their company goals have changed at least once since working remotely
- Well over half (56%) of UK companies say company-wide goals have been deprioritized since working remotely
- 64% of UK companies have not increased communication about company goals despite moving to remote work (23% communicating less, 41% communicating the same)
- 86% of employees in the UK using collaboration software to track company-wide goals say their company is effective at setting and communicating company-wide goals. Versus 14% that don’t use any tools or platforms.
Global highlights from the survey findings include:
- Nearly half of all respondents (45%) say their company goals have changed at least once since working remotely
- However, only 16% of workers believe that their company is effective at setting and communicating their organizational goals
- As a result, only one-quarter (26%) of employees have a clear understanding of how their individual work relates to their company’s goals
Introducing Asana Goals
This survey coincides with the introduction of Asana Goals, a goal-tracking system that bridges the gap between company strategy and work execution for the first time ever. Starting today, customers on Asana’s Business and Enterprise offerings can achieve unparalleled organizational alignment via:
- Company Goals: Longer-term goals tied to the achievement of your organization’s mission.
- Team Goals: Shorter-term goals that ladder up to the company’s mission-oriented objectives.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Asana has more than 75,000 paying organizations and millions of free organizations across 195 countries. Global customers such as AllBirds, Comcast, CyberAgent, Far East Organization, Sephora, Sky, Spotify, Viessmann and Woolworths rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns.
Survey Research Methodology
The Asana Goals survey research was conducted on behalf of Asana by Censuswide. The survey of over 6,387 knowledge workers from Australia, Germany, Japan, the U.K., and the U.S. was conducted from June 3rd – 15th, 2020 to assess how companies around the world approach goal setting, tracking and communicating, whether they’re working in-person or remotely.